Thanksgiving Paper-Pieced Pilgrims



One morning last week before I left for work (I do most of my Internet shopping before 6:00 a.m. ), I was checking out a quilting site, and I saw this Thanksgiving paper-pieced pattern:

I thought they were both adorable! I immediately pulled out my credit card and ordered them.  The price was $7 for both...quite reasonable.  It's a pdf file that is emailed to you as soon as you order it.  I liked that I would get it immediately, even though I had to use my own ink and print it out myself. 

What I did not like is that after printing it out, I realized that  it does not come with the units cut apart and a 1/4-inch seam allowance added: 

So I had to make multiple copies so I could  cut them all apart and still see the seam lines:
then I had to glue each piece to another sheet of paper:

then add the 1/4" seam allowance to every piece:
Now I will have to find a copy machine to make even more copies, cut them apart and FINALLY I will be able to select fabrics and start sewing!!  Am I the only person who thinks this is ridiculous?  If the pattern is free, I understand.  If I pay for the pattern, I expect that this would all be done for me!!

The pieces you see above are only for the woman.  I still have to do the same for the man.  I hope the finished product is worth all the extra cost (paper, ink, copies) and  work! 

Comments

I know just where you got that from. I kind of think I paid for it too and never made it. Guess I need to dig in my file.
I'm sure you will finish your first!
Martha said…
Those are amazing!!! WOW!!! I think I need to make some :^)