Fall Halloween Tablescape using Quilted Runner

I love to do posts that show me using some of the quilted items I make.  I make tons of table runners and I really do use them.

 I will show you my current tablescape in black and white first, so those of you with sensitive eyes can get your sunglasses.  It looks pretty tame here. :)
Got those sunglasses on?  OK, here is the same picture in color....
Orange, chartreuse, black, purple & yellow are the main colors. The glasses are actually purple, but you can't tell that in these pictures.

  I went out on the deck and cut the foliage for the centerpiece.  I used a similar foliage bouquet a few years ago and really liked it. 






I made the paper-pieced table runner  and chair backs a couple of years ago.
 
I really like this bright runner.
 
 
This table is not really all that Halloweeny...only the skeleton straws and the spider candles suggest Halloween...unless you glance over at the curio cabinet... 
 
 
The purple glasses are stored there. Since I put them on the table, I could not leave the cabinet bare, so I  replaced them with orange pumpkins and a silver skeleton head.  If I had not done that, this table could be used for any fall dinner party. 

I think this table runner shows that quilting can be used for fun home decor.  It's not just for bedcovers anymore...though I do love my quilted bed covers, too!

Comments

Bye bye Coleus!
As usual your table and decorations are beautiful!
Chris said…
Zoey, the colors are beautiful. No sunglasses needed! If I lived closer to you, I'd like to be invited to your autumn/halloween dinner! :)