I was off for a few days last month. During that time, I finally put the binding on my pink star quilt. I put this on with the sewing machine and I am pretty content with how it turned out.
I made this one to match my living room sofa and love seat. It was a very detailed star quilt with the tiny center star being an exact replica of the large star around it. I almost cried after I ruined it by machine quilting it. I am a terrible machine quilter! After it sat unused for over a year, I finally came up with idea to add a second backing and add ties to hold it together. That worked wonderfully to hide the hideous machine quilting on the back. I am now happy that I can display this one without shame.
My next quilt to finish will be this green double star quilt:
I plan to hand quilt this one, so I had better get busy as it will take quite some time just to remove the paper backing. Any of you familiar with foundation piecing will wince when you see this:
Yesterday morning I worked on this section:
I finished this much yesterday in 15 minutes:
The paper does come off easily, but it will still take a bit of time before I am able to sandwich it and begin quilting.
Happy Halloween - Here it is Halloween 2015 and I have done absolutely Nothing! No table, no Halloween décor...............so sad......................... Last Halloween...
2 years ago