A New Project Began and Finished Today

Here is where I started:
It's the front of a worn out leather tote bag that I cut apart last year.

I also used this vest and these fabrics/trims:

I had no pattern, but puttered around all morning and by noon, I had this:


A new animal print handbag! 

I plan to use it with the jacket that is behind it in this photo:

I am pretty happy with it. Of course, there are a few areas that I wish had turned out better--namely the zipper on the top.  I used the zipper from the vest.

It was finished for less than half a day before I decided to change it. :)
I added some black boa to cover the black/white animal print.
I like it better.

I have two animal print jackets that I think I can use this bag with.

I deleted a bunch of comments yesterday. Darn. I thought I was just deleting the comments in the spam folder, so when it asked if I was sure I wanted to forever delete the comments, I said yes. 
So if anyone had come back and noticed their comment was gone, I am so sorry. Believe me it was not intentional.

Comments

Chris said…
Love the purse!!! Heck, you might have to buy an outfit to go with it now. :)
Heather said…
great purse. love the animal prints. as for the leaves on the pumpkin, use a green fabric marker or crayon to change the colouring. (heat set the crayon).
BlueShell said…
Oh my..that is so ...amazing...
I am here thinking : she 's got talent. Congratulations: the purse is so cute.
Greetings from Portugal.
Diana LaMarre said…
Thanks, Patti.

Chris, I have two animal jackets already that I plan to use it with.

Great idea, Heather! Thanks.

Blueshell, Thanks for taking the comment to comment. I think you are my first comment from Portugal. :)
Wow! You animal you! You are going to be one good looker when you get dressed in your animal print attire and carry this new bag. One might say, 'dressed to kill'. lol! Very creative Zoey!
You are so ingenious! I'm really impressed!