Wonky Center Done

Last night I made six more blocks to encircle the first house block. 

So the center is now all sewn together.

For new readers, last week I did a computer mock up  and  I am working toward something like this:

You may have noticed that the center block is different from the example I showed earlier. I decided that I wanted more of the white polka dot fabric in the center so the white polka dot points looked like they belonged.

I really loved Gypsy Quilter's and Osage Bluff Quilter's suggestion to put a thin border around each house block. GQ even suggested orange, which I think would have been perfect.  I think  you were both right on target! However, that would have changed the block size and then the orange pointed star and the other blocks would not fit.  Because I am too lazy to remake those, I am leaving the wonky houses unbordered.

I do plan to make a better redistribution of the colors when I actually sew the blocks on. The mock up used only the blocks I had finished and I had to make copies of the exact same houses.

West MI Quilter said she liked the white polka dots in all the corners.  I am thinking I may do that, but I will make the white point larger in the last four corners.  I like the orange blocks, but they take a long time to make. I am guessing that it took a good 1.5 hours to make the first four orange pointed blocks. I don't think I want to devote that much time to making four more. Maybe I can come up with something to incorporate a bit or orange as well as the white polka dot fabric.

It's always an adventure!  Again thanks to everyone who commented. I really like getting input. I am not in a quilt guild, so this is my substitute.

Hope everyone has a week full of great quilting.

Comments

Heather said…
Love the brightness of this quilt. will be looking forward to seeing what you do with it next.
Betsy said…
Zoey, you are a genius. It looks fabulous.