Winter Tree Blocks

 I have been waiting to get the new foundation pieced patterns I ordered. I thought for sure they would be here today and was disappointed to see they were not when I got home from work.  I guess it takes a few days longer than normal to get from CA to MI during the holiday rush.

Since I had the urge to sew I settled on some 7-inch winter tree blocks.

 These three traditional trees took a bit less than one hour to complete.   They are nice, but predictable.  I decided to do three more contemporary trees.
 I like these fun polka dot trees. They are so whimsical.  I wonder how they would work together with the traditional blocks.....
I think I like them together. What do you think?  I have no idea what I will do with these, but I have satisfied my urge to create something tonight.  One day they will tell me what they should be.

Comments

Is that where the old saying comes from . . Time will tell?