That's My Plan, But I Can't Guarantee that I will Stick to it!

My mind was racing like crazy this morning as I thought about what to do with the tree blocks. 

Since they are snowy, they would look great with the 16-inch snowman block that I ordered from Paper Panache.  I just need to figure out how to make them fit as a border. Why do I always do this backwards?  If I had made the snowman first, then I would have made the tree blocks at whatever size I needed.  But, no, that would make too much sense! LOL. Anyway I already made the trees as 7-inch finished blocks, so that is what I need to work with.

So I will need to add a border around the snowman block - 5 inches to get to 21 which is divisible by 7. Since there are two sides, the border needs to be half of 5 inches, or 2.5 inches.

So I am thinking a snowball block would be perfect.  Imagine the snowballs being white, not blue as you see here with my amateurish attempt see what it would look like.

I think I would also need to add a .75-inch border around the snowman to make the 2.5-inch snowballs fit..don't even try to follow my mathematical thought line.....I am confused myself! This pic is not to scale - I would need 7 2.5" snowballs across the bottom + one in each corner.  9 snowballs x 2.5 inches = 22.5 inches.   Snowman block at 16 inches + .75 inch border + .75 inch border + 2.5 snowball + 2.5 snowball = 22.5 inches!  It sounds like it would work. 

It would like something like this:



and this part would finish at 35 x 35 inches. It would be a nice medallion center for a king-size quilt. But, oh my, that would be a ton more work.   I think I will have to think of something smaller.

Comments

Anya said…
It would make a cute wallhanging...no need to make it bigger....JMHO
Chris said…
Oh wow! Fantastic!