It's so Exciting to Begin a New Mystery Block

Paper Panache just put out the new mystery block. It is Christmas themed,  and I am in the mood to make a Christmas block, so I started it today.
There are a lot of pieces to this one.

and only 5 fabrics. These are the 5 I chose with guidance from the directions.

They are pretty dull. I hope the block looks better when it's finished.

I made Block A and was surprised to see what evolved.
 Before I made this block, I thought  that it would be some sort of Christmas star....... now I am baffled.....obviously this is a bow, but it seems way too big to be a gift under a tree (as the color of he fabric would lead me to believe). 

These mysteries are such fun.  If you want to do it, too, you can get the free pattern here. 

There are also patterns for sale on this site. I have been enjoying the free patterns for the past couple of years and decided it was time I bought something. So very early yesterday morning, I bought six of the cutest patterns!  One of them was this newly-created snowman. How adorable!
I can't wait to start him. If you want to see the other patterns I bought, I posted them on my other blog yesterday. Click here.

Is anyone else doing this mystery block?

Comments

Oh shoot, I thought you were going to tell us what it was. Just email me the answer when you finish!
Unknown said…
wow..........beautiful tutorial