A Use for One of the Rose-in-a-Heart Blocks

I am in the mood to sew, but *gasp* I have no projects in the making. Let me rephrase that--I have plenty of projects in the "needs-quilting" stage, but I am in the mood to create something new, yet I don't want to start at the very beginning.

I searched my little pile of completed orphan blocks. I found two of these heart blocks.


Because I bought black eyeglasses with pink on the sides,
I've been wearing a lot of pink and black. I decided to make a handbag to go with some of those outfits.

I had accidentally cut a hole in a pair of my black pants and decided to use those to make a handbag. The black fabric would be a identical to the black pants I wear (I buy multiples of the same pant and wear them almost every day to work).

So I cut up the pants and started adding black borders. So far I am here:

I have no idea what I will end up with, but I think I need to incorporate some of that background white/tan into the bag. I will have to think about it for a bit.

Stay tuned because I will post the final results as soon as I get it done.

Comments

Betsy said…
Zoey beautiful block.
Heather said…
I made that block one before for a contest. unfortunately it didn't win, but I did enjoy how it turned out. Yours looks lovely
Really really gorgeous!
By the way, check out my blog for the "end result" of my Lone Star catastrophe!