One Blue/Brown 12-inch Block Completed


and I LOVE it!

I just knew that this striped fabric


would make a great block.

Most people would just walk by this bargain fabric. I have to admit I would never use it as it for anything as it comes off the bolt.



But once you rip it into strips of each individual color, it's wonderful.

If you ever see striped fabric like this at a good price, don't pass it up! It's such a great way to get a lot of coordinating fabrics in the same color. I have bought four different colors in the past year. I only wish I had bought more than 2 yards of each!

I need to make two more of these 12-inch blocks. It takes about an hour to make one. I should finish this runner by the weekend if I maintain my enthusiasm.

Comments

Bethany said…
Your block turned out beautiful. I hadn't thought of cutting up fabric like that. Thanks for the idea!
Heather said…
your block is amazing. I want to find fabric like that. It would be such fun to play with, maybe in an orange version.