How Did I Accumulate of All of These UFO's?

This morning in preparation for another rainy weekend, I was looking through a small bin of stray blocks and other experiments that didn't quite pan out. It's amazing how I forget what I have made.

I first picked up a little box to see what I stashed inside.

Ah, my cardinal stars that I so loved just last fall. Apparently I didn't love them enough to actually make anything out of them. I did applaud myself for putting the fabric I used inside the box with the two completed blocks. Usually I would have used up all the fabric on some other project.

One little bin revealed a plethora of forgotten blocks. I really loved those purple stars in the front and did make two table runners with them. I gave one to my sister and kept the second. I see a stray bird block (owl) that did not make it into the 'Birds of a Feather' quilt I pieced, but have yet to quilt. Most of the others are border wannabees that just didn't live up to my expectations.

This little bin revealed mostly completed items. Except for the four blocks in the front, the others are all pot holders or counter protectors. The three in the back make up a matching set.

They all have terry cloth backings (double layer) so they are thick enough to protect a counter or table top and if you spill something, they are pretty absorbent. I am going to make something out of something in these piles this weekend. At the moment I don't know what. Since I have to leave for work now, I will think about it later tonight. If you have any ideas, I 'd love to hear them!





Comments