I've Been Puttering Again

I've been puttering around with these gift blocks for the last two nights. I started them while listening to President Obama giving his 100-day speech. They are easy and fun to make. Each block is 6" finished. If any of you have been following this blog, you may remember that I made a "Happy Birthday" table runner with this same block last year. I tried to machine quilt the runner and it turned out so wavy that I threw it in the garbage. So now I am starting a new one. I seem to be hooked on black lately and decided this one would be a black background. I like it much better then the first one which had a white background.

added 5/1/09: A couple of you have asked about this block. It is not my own design. It came from Carol Doak's book, 300 Paper Pieced Quilt Blocks. It is block number 75. I have been wondering if I should note the source for the blocks for all my runners, etc. Mostly so that I remember when I want to make the same design again. The problem is they are almost all Carol Doak's and I didn't want to sound like a advertisement.

While looking for bright fabrics, I came across two tins full of blocks that I had forgotten about. I haven't the foggiest idea what I will do with these, but I am sure something will pop into my head one day when I least expect it.



Comments

Anya said…
I love those birthday present blocks. Is that a pattern or did you design it yourself?
I love the blocks. I haven't seen that pattern before is it your design?
Gayle said…
I was able to take a class from Carol Doak several years ago. I signed up for a paper piecing class, and she also taught me a better way to hand-quilt (I use her technique to this day) and helped to fit me for a thimble. I think she is an incredible teacher! I don't have this book but love the package block...time to shop for this book. :-)