One Load of Laundry, Two New Blocks

After finishing the piecing of the table runner in my last post, I was left with this pile of small fabric pieces.

I have learned that I need to make something of these scraps right away--otherwise I will throw them in a bag and it could be another decade before I find them again.

I printed off a pattern for a 7-inch block. I picked 7 inches because it was the largest size that I could print out on one piece of paper. I printed six patterns, then I ran downstairs to throw a load of laundry in the dryer.

Before that load was dry, I had made two of these blocks.

I picked the flying geese because of the round flying geese I used in the table runner. I thought I would make some matching chair toppers for when I use the table runner. I found some green felt that was the exact shade as the green I was using. Talk about luck! I would then lay one of these blocks over the felt. Like this:
I am excited about these! I think they will look great with the table runner. I don't have enough fabric to make them all identical, but I will pull some other oranges and purples from my stash. Hopefully, everything will work together.

This weekend I am also planning to do this mystery block from Paper Panache.
Every month the site gives a free block. You don't have any idea what it is until you make it. I can't tell a thing from this pattern, can you? I can't wait to make it and find out! Does anyone else do these?

Comments