I'm Just NOT Having Fun Any More With These Pinwheels

I have been playing with layouts.


I like the first one the best, but I am tired of making pinwheels. I am trying to stretch out the ones I have so I don't have to make any more.

I am planning to use this around a Christmas tree this year, but I don't want it to be round or look Christmasy. I want it more versatile so I can use it as a table topper, too. If I add the 12-inch plain blocks, it would be big enough right now.

I think that is what I may end up doing. I will add a 3-inch border with little 3-inch pinwheels in each corner. It's almost November, so I need to get moving on this one. I think I will tie it with yarn because I think colorful ties will add a festive element.

I just thought of the yarn tying as I am writing this. That would give a bit more texture and interest to those plain blocks. Yes, I think that is exactly what I will do! I am off now to start sewing all the 6-inch pinwheels together.

Comments

Candy Schultz said…
I like the top layout best.
Diana LaMarre said…
Thank you, Candy.

That's my fav, too, but it's not going to happen. Too much more work and it just doesn't make my heart sing. So I will finish it off and move on to something that does.
Candy Schultz said…
Good idea. That is my philosophy as well.