Roses are Red, Borders are Blue


Roses are Red, Borders are Blue
I can't tell you how happy I am
To be DONE quilting you!


I had a mental goal to finish the hand quilting on this king-sized quilt before July 4.
Here it is July 3 and I am ecstatic to say that I am finished!!! Whoo hooooooo....it feels so good.

Here is a close up of the back. Go ahead and click on it so you can see all of the thousands of hand stitches. I am not claiming that they are great stitches, but I am pleased as punch that I did all of them.
I started quilting this one in January '08 and I only worked on it now and then. Six months may sound like a long time, but when you consider that I often went weeks without doing any quilting, it's not so long. There is one little thing bothering me, though. That diamond shape near the top of this photo needs a bit more quilting. I will probably go back and quilt another diamond inside the first diamond. There is just too much unquilted space there.

Now I have to make a binding and sew it on and the quilt will be ready for my bed. I will show the front when it's all finished.

Comments