While the Ice Falls, I Quilt and Cook


I went outside to take some pics and I couldn't even walk on the driveway as it's sheer ice. It was raining while I was outside so the sheet of ice on the road is now covered in water, which will freeze tonight.

Since I live on a seldom used dead end road, it won't get plowed or salted until all the main roads are taken care of.

On top of this we are supposed to get 4 inches of snow tonight. I am not looking forward to getting to work tomorrow.

At the moment I am not going to worry about it. It's a wonderful day to enjoy being home.


I spent all day yesterday making the border blocks for the star quilt. I think I made 36 of them.



Now that they are done, I don't like them. At all.


I tried different arrangements.



Nothing works.
The blocks are just too overpowering for the stars.

This is quite disappointing as I do not have enough of the same fabrics to attempt another border. So either I use these or just leave it as is.

It really hurts to have done all that work for nothing.

I decided to test the size without the last border. I did add one border to turn the triangles into squares.

Just about perfect!


So perfect in fact, that I decided to spend about two hours under it to finish reading my murder mystery.


And talk about a quilt nut....just look what I am reading. The murder victim was found under a stack of quilts!



Maybe all my work will not be in vain. Perhaps I can use them for a table topper. I played around to see what could be made


They will make a 40.5 square which might be nice to cover a side table. I am confident that I will find a use for all of them. Now I feel better about spending all that time making them.


Early this morning I roasted a chicken.

With all the ice DH thought power lines may be going down and I wanted to be prepared with a meal. So far we have not lost electrical power, but my dinner is all cooked and just waiting for me to reheat.

All in all I am having a wonderful Sunday. I hope you are, too.

Comments